Use Responsive Website Templates for Max Conversions
Websites. Every business needs one, but sadly many companies waste thousands of dollars and tons of time using expensive designers and complicated coding. These days with easy-to-use website builders creating your own site couldn’t be easier and more affordable. Studies show that responsive website templates attract over 50% of all mobile users (luckily you no longer need code to create a full-responsive website.) Here are some great practices and tips for choosing a site builder with responsive website templates that will work for you.
1. Cost and Flexibility
Everyone knows starting a company can cost a lot of money. One place you do NOT need to spend is on your website. Website builders, like Ucraft, offer free responsive website templates as well as a premium service that is still very affordable and offers advanced features.
Make sure to avoid site builders that don’t give you a free experience for a couple of weeks. A free website plan should also allow you to edit everything from your typography, layout, and other style elements.
Make sure you only choose responsive website templates that can be easily adapted to fit any screen size or device types and are 100% mobile-friendly.
For people who do know code, customize your site with plugins that make adding your code as easy as “enter and save”. Adding coded elements can improve function and design elements.
2. Design Considerations
Be original. Choosing a website template does NOT mean you have to sacrifice creativity and customization. Instead, a template allow you to have all the elements you want built-in, and drag and drop site builder allows you to “play around”; experimenting with colors, typography as well as moving and changing entire sections. Here are some fun and functional design elements to add to your site:
- Know your niche – choose a template that supports your niche. If you are creating a blog or an online store, make sure your template can support those different functions
- Color choice matters – use your brands’ color palette to customize your template
- Visual hierarchy – establish a clear hierarchy to your info by using color, size, and spacing
- Easy Navigation – choosing great navigation is critical. Your visitors will bounce in less than 3 seconds if your site takes too long to navigate
- Declutter your homepage – less is more, especially when you want your users to be able to get what you are offering and convert
3. Content Matters
If you think that no one is reading your content and all that matters is your service or product offer, think again. Measuring your “readability” is critical, as you want your users to instantly understand, connect, and commit.
- Know your audience and speak directly to your primary and secondary visitors.
- Upside-down cone content – bad for ice cream; great for content. This model puts all the important info right on top and specific supporting info as they scroll down
- Short and simple – readers can handle about 35 words at a time. This is a website, not a novel
- Avoid BIG words that can exclude your readers – stick to a 7th-9th-grade level
- Write in “Active Voice” – “You can order…” vs. “Products can be ordered”
Great content lets your visitors skim, understand, and engage quickly. Here are some tried and true rules to get your content read:
- Keep your content clear with the right contrasting colors so your content pops
- Don’t go crazy with your fonts – keep it in the sans-serif family for an easy and clear read
- Avoid small print – responsive website templates are viewed by people on small hand-held devices; use a 16pt for easy readability
- Bulleted and numbered lists
- Always use “white space”; it makes your content more legible and fun to read
Get Visual – people process images 60,000 times faster than words. Use images and multimedia to communicate faster. Using free stock images from Unsplash is a great way to add visual elements.
If you want to increase your traffic and conversions, use ONLY responsive website templates. With 90% of people, online your site needs to be 100% device friendly. Choose a site builder that offers free and flexible options so you can design and customize your template to represent your brand. Design elements and content are critical so follow our tips to maximize both. Enjoy customizing your responsive website templates.