Photos add beauty and elegance to a room. Printing and framing photographs’ ideal size makes them more valuable, attractive, and useful. However, if you need to print 8×10 photo sizes, finding the best 8×10 photo printer can be a challenge since there are plenty of models available in the market. To get the ideal printer, it’s essential that you have basic knowledge of key features that enhance the quality of prints.
To ease the burden of comparing different options, these 8×10 photo printer reviews are perfect for you. Here, we will provide you with the essential information regarding the best 8×10 photo printer, which will enable you to make an informed decision about buying one. Moreover, you will also find factors to look into before choosing the best model.
Our Top Pick:
[amazon box=”B0095F5BCS,B0798D6XBM,B01J7H8HP6″ grid=”3″]
Important Features to Consider When Purchasing the Best 8×10 Photo Printer
|Canon Pixma Pro-100||Inkjet printing technologyResolution of 4800×2400dpiSupports both wired and wireless connectivityYou can print onto CD, DVD|
|Epson Expression Premium XP-6000||print speeds 15.8 ISO ppm (black) and 11.3 ISO ppm (color)Wireless connectivitySupports CD/DVD Printing2.4 inches LED touch screen|
|Canon IP8720 Wireless Printer||Inkjet printing technologySupports USB, Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivityResolution of 9600×2400 dpiSupports Airprint and Cloud printing|
|HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-in-One Photo Printer||Works well with AlexaSupports Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectionIt’s a multifunctional printer with scan, fax and print featuresSupports HP instant ink delivery|
|Epson XP-600||High resolution of 3680×2400 dpiSupports USB and Bluetooth connectivitySupports duplex printingPrint speed of 13ppm black and 10ppm color|
|DNP DS820A 8″ Professional Dye-Sublimation Printer||Dye and ink printing technologyOffers 1-year parts and labor warrantyInvolves thermal printing featuresSupports USB connection|
|Epson Expression Premium XP-7100||Features a 2.5″ inch LCD touch displayIt supports a 30 sheets auto document feederSupports Wi-Fi Direct and USB connectionSupports print, scan and fax features|
|HP Envy Photo 7155 All in One Photo Printer||Dot-matrix printing technologySupports USB and Wi-Fi direct connectionAllows for noise reduction featureSupports Google cloud printing|
|Canon PIXMA iP1700||4800 by 2400 dpi1-year warrantyInkjet print technologySupports in improved ant jamming technology|
|HP ENVY Photo 7855||Supports a wide range of paper sizesSupports USB, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectionFeatures HP instant ink supplyFeatures an automatic document feeder option|
Top 10 Best 8×10 Printer reviews
1. Canon Pixma Pro-100
[amazon fields=”B0095F5BCS” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
Our top pick in this best 8×10 photo printer reviews is this Canon Pixma pro-100. It comes with wireless connectivity, allowing you to print from anywhere at home or office. The 8 dye-based inks ensure that you get vivid color and superior image clarity, plus you can choose between various paper sizes and colors.
Another thing worth mentioning is its compatibility with mobile devices via Airprint technology. As soon as you scan QR codes or barcodes, your device will instantly detect the document and print it. Also, Pixma pro-100 has a convenient automatic 2-sided printing option as well as an auto sheet feeder. This means that you don’t need to worry about refilling trays manually. In addition, a free USB cable included in the package lets you share data among other devices without using Wi-Fi.
- The ink drying system keeps the print surface clean.
- Two-sided printing mode lets you print both surfaces at once
- High-speed processing capability ensures smooth operation
- Easy setup makes managing jobs easier
- Brand: Canon
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB, Mobile memory
- Compatibility: Smartphones, Pc, Laptop
- Color: Black
- Product Dimensions: 15.2x 27.2x 8.5inches
- Product Weight: 21 pounds
- Can take care of multiple customers at a time
- Great performance for an affordable price
- It has a fast speed and easy to use interface
- Excellent quality output
- It supports CD, DVD/Blu-ray Discs and jackets prints.
- May require software update when setting it up
2. Epson Expression Premium XP-6000
[amazon fields=”B0798D6XBM” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
This Epson printer is the best photo printer scanner for 8×10. Besides its amazing printing capabilities, it also offers a high printing speed of up to 15.8 ISO ppm for black and 11.3 ISO ppm for color prints. In addition, it supports all major file formats such as JPEG, TIF, and GIF, making editing easier.
Amazingly, Premium XP-6000 features a built-in USB, 2 memory card slots, duplex printing, two-level security protection, and a large 500GB hard drive capacity. There’s even a 2.4-inch color touch screen display, making it more user-friendly. An array of additional features like borderless printing, copy & direct fax are also available.
- Prints up to a maximum size of 8 inches by 10 inches
- Built-In USB port, 2 memory card slot that ensures storage and data transfer ease
- The convenient layout ensures quick usage, including remote printing, scanning, copying, and faxing
- Supports popular file formats such as JPG, PDF, BMP, PNG, TIFF, PSD, GIF, etc. thus making it more versatile
- Wireless connectivity gives you the flexibility to connect anyplace within range of its signals.
- Brand: Epson
- Connectivity: Wireless
- Compatibility: Pc, Laptop, Smartphones
- Color: Black
- Weight: 14.6 Pounds
- Dimensions:19.8 x 13.7 x 5.6 inches
- Easy to set up and operate
- Highly recommended for home and office use
- Has great image quality
- Good product offering great value for money
- It can be challenging when setting it up for the first time
3. Canon IP8720 Wireless Printer
[amazon fields=”B00HM0IV52″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
Canon IP8720 is another best 8×10 photo printer that offers 6 color inkjet printing systems. It can easily handle large print volumes and small ones simultaneously without getting slowed down due to heavy load. This high-quality photo printer 8×10 supports USB, Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections.
IP8720 provides high resolution photos from up to 9600x2400dpi. All this is wrapped in excellent print quality, with true and crisp colours. With “my image garden” software, IP8720 makes managing your digital photos super simple. The printer comes complete with everything you need to get started right away, and the wireless router and Ethernet cables are be included with the purchase of the IP8720.
With the ability to instantly share photos via email or social networking websites, IP8720 is just what you need – especially with its compatibility with smartphones, tablets and computers. You’ll have no trouble finding the perfect spot where you can view and download your memories.
- High-Resolution photo printing up to 9600 x 2400 dots per inch
- Wi-Fi technology offers easy transfer of photos from your phone or tablet
- Email and social network integration
- Prints color images and documents at a speedy speed
- Image Garden software installed by default to allow easy organizing of prints
- Brand: Canon
- Product Dimensions: 23.3 x 13.1 x 6.3 inches
- Colors: Black
- Model Number: IP8720
- Connectivity: USB, Wi-Fi, Ethernet
- Compatibility: Smartphones, Pc, Laptops
- Weight: 18.6 pounds
- Fast printing speed
- Simple setup process
- Great value for money
- Advanced features like instant sharing, email, and social media integration
- The printer might break at times if not handled properly
- It does not offer scanning and fax capabilities
4. HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-in-One Photo Printer
[amazon fields=”B074P4ZS68″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
Our number 4 model by Hewlett-Packard is yet another best 8×10photo printer that can compete against all other brands available in the market. If you want an advanced and versatile commercial photo printer 8×10 that allows you to edit, store, share, scan, and even order on HP instant ink supply, then this is the one you should buy.
Envy Photo 7775 has a smart dual scanner and color LCD screens that work well, even under strained lighting conditions. It offers maximum flexibility as it is compatible with Google Cloud Print, allowing access to cloud services directly from the touch panel screen as well as supporting Alexa Google voice. And more importantly, this HP model comes with a 1-year hardware limited warranty with a 24-hour web technical support service that is unmatched.
- Built-In flash memory allows you to save custom files for later use
- Connects to Cloud Services via Google Cloud Print & Amazon Cloud Drive
- Advanced document scanning capabilities that work well under different lighting conditions
- Supports Alexa Google Voice allowing easy control
- Supports HP Instant Ink supply; thus, it orders ink when it’s about to finish
- 1-year hardware limited warranty includes free tech support
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: L17.87 x H6.34 x W16.14 inches
- Weight: 14 pounds
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Compatibility: PC, Smartphones, Laptops
- Support for various connection options
- Excellent print quality
- Easy to set up and operate
- It can also be used as a standalone camera printer
- HP instant ink supply requires a subscription
- Requires periodic firmware updates
5. Epson XP-640 Wireless Color Photo Printer
[amazon fields=”B01J7H8HP6″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
This Epson 8×10 photo printer features an automatic dash replenishment system that automatically reorders ink when needed, thus eliminating frequent refilling of ink cartridges. Also known as the “Dash cartridge”, an ink cartridge that uses RFID technology. This makes them much easier to use than conventional two-part cartridges, where users need to first load ink into the empty part before inserting the new part containing the desired amount of ink.
Additionally, this affordable wireless photo printer 8×10 has a user-friendly interface that will make it easier to navigate through the menus and control functions. Besides, the photo printer’s built-in digital memory card reader supports SD cards and microSDXC UHS-I cards, making it convenient for storing images and files. And thanks to its versatile connectivity options, you can connect printers using wired or wireless connections.
- Auto color management technology ensures accurate colors in any setting
- Easy one-touch operation for fast setup dash replenishment system reduces refill frequency by up to 80%
- Connections Include USB and Wi-Fi
- Supports duplex printing
- Dimensions : 19.8 x 15.4 x 5.4 inches
- Max. Resolution: 3680 x 2400 dpi
- Weight: 18.46 pounds
- Print speed: 13ppm black and 10ppm color
- Connectivity: USB, Wi-Fi
- Compatibility: Pc, Laptop, Smartphones
- Large memory capacity
- Easy to set up and use
- Advanced auto color management technology
- User-friendly interface
- Users can experience challenges running the printer after software updates
- It does not allow third-party ink cartridges
6. DNP DS820A 8″ Professional Dye-Sublimation Printer
[amazon fields=”B073CJV4YL” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
Since its introduction in 2017, this professional dye-sublimation printer has quickly become one of the most popular choices among photographers who want to create their own high-quality prints from photographs. It offers excellent reliability and performance, along with easy operation and intuitive settings.
Its advanced features include automatic media detection, which helps ensure you get the best result from your photos every time, and fast print speeds with dual-speed media feeders. The advanced media handling system also allows you to easily replace old rolls in between jobs and help reduce waste by alerting when it’s time to change those rolls. You can even adjust settings such as brightness, contrast, tint, saturation, hue, sharpness, and noise reduction according to your preferences.
- Advanced Media Handling System so you can switch back and forth between the fastest mode for long continuous runs and the slower mode for short production runs or bulk processing.
- Allows adjustable Brightness, Contrast, Tint, Saturation, Hue, Sharpness, Noise Reduction Settings via the included DNP Control App.
- Dual Feeding Speed Capacities that allows different types of paper to be used
- Supports USB connectivity for easy transfer of files
- Brand: DNP
- Connectivity: USB
- Weight: 50 pounds
- Dimensions:25.5 x 21 x 13.5 inches
- Superior image and text quality
- Very quick print times
- Intuitive user panel design
- Reliable performance
- Easily connects via USB
- The pictures printed have a slight curl and are not entirely flat
- Requires an external source to download updates
7. Epson Expression Premium XP-7100
[amazon fields=”B07FN93WW7″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
This affordable portable photo printer combines the latest innovations and technologies into a lightweight, compact device that you can carry anywhere. The 30-page auto document feeder and duplex printing ensure productivity on-site without sacrificing convenience, while the scanner, copier, and file sharing all save time and effort.
Another thing that draws our attention to Epson XP-7100 is its elegant look and feel. From the brushed aluminium front cover and silver color accents to the sturdy plastic housing, we love how sleek yet durable they make this machine. As expected, the XP-7100 comes with Ethernet Connect technology that enables easy file transfer from your computer, mobile devices, social networks, etc., providing instant access to online content.
- Easy connectivity options including Ethernet Connect and USB
- Built-in 2.5″ LCD touch display with Quick Touch Panel for easy navigation
- Automatic Document Detection function ensures the suitable size/format
- 30 page Auto Document Feeder option
- It has multifunctional features that support Print, Copy and Scan capabilities
- Dimensions: 23.5 x 17.2 x 8.1 inches
- Weight: 21.5 pounds
- Compatibility Pc, laptops, smartphones
- connectivity: USB, Wi-Fi direct
- A printing speed of 15.8ppm for black and 11 ppm color
- It provides excellent scan resolution
- Lightweight and good portability
- Easy to set up and operate
- Interface friendly
- The ink is a bit pricey
- It can be challenging for first-time users
8. HP Envy Photo 7155 All in One Photo Printer
[amazon fields=”B07KZSKGCX” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
Though this is a refurbished product, it still retains its original functionality and is refundable within 90days of receipt. We highly recommend this printer as one of the best photo printer for 8×10 prints available. It has a built-in scanning feature and other smart features like Wi-Fi printing & faxing, automatic PDF conversion. It is a straightforward interface that will allow you to work with it efficiently, and it also boasts superior quality images and prints.
Additionally, HP 7155 Envy Photo is very light in weight and consumes less power, so you do not need to worry about frequent replacement or recharging. Also, its advanced printing system offers fast printing, which makes it suitable for commercial use. Moreover, it is also compatible with PCL6 and PostScript3 software for optimum results. Overall, if you are looking for a decent, reliable and cost-effective 8×10 photo printer, then this should definitely top your list.
- Supports mobile printing via Airprint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria, Apple Airplay and other Android apps
- Integrated Wi-Fi Direct Technology allows you to connect without a network
- Wi-Fi wireless network configuration can be changed using either the supplied user manual, web-based management portal or the convenient smartphone app
- Instant Ink Refill Supplies provide on-demand ink delivery
- Auto document detection assures correct paper size and format
- Dimensions: 17.87 x 6.34 x 16.14 inches
- Weight: 3.15 pounds
- Compatibility: Windows 10 and Mac OS X v10.9 or later
- Connectivity: USB, Wi-Fi direct
- Easy setup and operate
- Low noise level
- Excellent print quality
- Highly affordable
- Limited warranty of 90 days
- Hp instant ink delivery is free for only 2 months
9. Canon PIXMA iP1700
[amazon fields=”B000GUQ2V0″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
Canon Pixma iP1700 is an affordable wireless photo printer 8×10 that will satisfy both professionals and casual photographers. It’s designed for ease of use, including intuitive settings such as Auto Scan Mode and PictBridge. In addition, with its large touch screen panel and simple layout, you’ll never have difficulty adjusting image brightness to suit whatever lighting conditions you may encounter.
The printer uses original Canon EOS ink cartridges to ensure exceptional quality throughout the entire process. This best 8×10 photo printer offers borderless printing in a wide range of sizes, including 4 x 6 inches, 5x7inches, 8 x 10 inches, and 9.75 x 14 inches. Additionally, this printer is fully compatible with all major operating systems and applications, including macOS Sierra, Windows 7 and above, iOS 9/10, etc.
Pixma iP1700 includes a powerful scanner mode that lets users preview scanned files directly from supported devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets. What’s more? It supports NFC and Bluetooth connectivity allowing you to connect with compatible iOS and Android smartphones wirelessly. And more interestingly, it has a built-in memory card slot, so you don’t need external cards anymore. So, if you’re seeking a dependable, easy to use, and versatile 8X10 photo printer, then look no further because this is a perfect product for you.
- Fast, borderless printing and scanning for quick results
- Large color touch display allows for easy navigation and adjustment of images and colors
- One-Touch Picture Printing allows you to scan, edit, and instantly print pictures from connected smartphones, tablets, and PCs
- A USB port allows simple connection to any PC running Windows XP or newer
- Color: grey
- Paper type: plain paper
- Weight: 6.61 pounds
- Dimensions: 17.2 x 10 x 6.5 inches
- Connectivity: USB
- Simple and intuitive interface
- No software installation required
- Easy to set up and operate
- It has a highly reliable anti-jamming system
- It cannot print from a memory card
- It can be challenging to set desired print color
10. HP ENVY Photo 7855 All in One Photo Printer
[amazon fields=”B074P4T1FT” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
Finally, we come to our last pick on the best 8×10 printer reviews, which is the HP Envy 7855 All In One Photo Printer. It comes with features like Wi-Fi Connect, Print Now button, Automatic Document Feeder, Wi-Fi Direct & near Field Communication, Wireless Dual Band and much more.
This best 8×10 photo printer all in one gives premium quality prints with sharp photos and vibrant colors. You can also use it to scan images from phones, tablets, cameras and other smart devices. The user interface works well and is relatively easy to navigate around. There are plenty of options available to customize settings according to your requirements. However, you do not need to worry about setting up this printer since it’s easy to understand and navigate.
- Wi-Fi Connect provides access to a wireless network through the internet without installing extra software on a computer.
- Automatic document feeder delivers documents into the tray faster than manual feeding.
- Near field communication technology makes life easier by connecting easily between different supported gadgets.
- The print now button allows you to print images straight away from connected devices.
- A built-in digital image scanner allows you to scan images directly from mobile devices and computers.
- Color: black
- Weight: 12 pounds
- Dimension : 16.3 x 11 x 7 inches
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth
- It comes with many useful tools
- Easy printing of documents from SD card or via USB
- Supports a wide range of paper sizes
- Offers hardware limited warranty
- Instant ink supply requires a monthly subscription
Best 8×10 Photo Printer Buying Guide
While making a purchase for the best 8×10 photo printer, there are several important things that one needs to keep in mind. These are discussed below.
1. Printing Speed
To ensure that you get high-quality prints at a reasonable price, it is advisable to go for printers with fast printing speeds. If the cost factor is negligible, you should definitely opt for the fastest available option. This will help reduce the wait time as mentioned above. Speed is measured in pages per minute or ppm. Therefore, while choosing a printer, you must look out for its ppm rate so that you can select the appropriate model for yourself. However, if you are not running on a tight schedule, the speed may not matter at all.
2. Paper Size
Another most essential thing when it comes to selecting an 8×10 printer is the paper size. Some people love large sheets while others prefer small ones. Both kinds may be required depending upon the purpose of usage. If you want smaller prints, then go for those which offer a smaller sheet size. Similarly, if you wish to print bigger pictures, you’ll require larger sheets.
3. Added Features
Apart from basic features, some 8x10printers also feature additional bells and whistles. If needed, you can select models offering these extras. Some examples include duplexing, two-sided printing, automatic document feeder, etc.
When purchasing a new product, you always tend to think about the price first before going ahead with any deal. This is applicable even in the case of 8×10 printers. Prices vary across brands and models. It depends upon the brand, color, paper choice, etc. All these factors influence the final price. However, when settling for the best price range, ensure that you do not compromise print quality.
Getting the best 8×10 photo printer can be a daunting task. However, once you have gone through this review and buying guide, your job will be much easy. Nevertheless, if you are still not sure of which model you should go for, simply select any model in our review and watch as your photo printing expertise improves by leaps and bounds.