Talking about the best yet effective app development method, it is to appear that it must be self-evident and clear to the developer; however, there are numerous examples of app engineers who do not invest almost enough energy and time in it. What the application will look like is the main principal perspective, which viewers notice – even before downloading it and positively they test it out and observe what the capacities are.
Moreover, the fundamental visual impression impacts the complete user experience, and it will possibly determine a definitive accomplishment of an app. However, if you have any doubt in your mind about the idea of creative yet eye-catching application and its importance: you can give a look at Apple Inc.
Various folks do not comprehend despite the fact, which is now becoming an innovator in the business. Further, Apple was not the only organization that gives mobile OS or mobile apps.There were various other OSs like Palm, Windows CE, Symbian and more before iOS. However, Apple instantly grabbed the attention and surpassed the opposition in the mobile sector. This is the reason why iOS just looked better.
But at the time of designing a mobile application, it must be creative and eye-catching so that your application grabs the attention of various users.
Here are the reasons why your mobile app designing should be creative:
It is important to get yourself into a mobile mindset before you get started because of the difference between mobile and desktop.
- Be Unique: You can know what makes your application different and you can amplify it. As we all know that there are various mobile apps on the web and if there is nothing special and unique in your app, why would anyone pick it.
- Be Focused: Do you know that more is not better. You can edit your features brutally. You are going to have a leave stuff out.
- Be Considerate: Very often application developers focus on what would be fun to develop, their own mental model of the application or their personal business goals. These places considered as excellent in your users’ shoes if you ever hope to develop an engaging experience.
There are various applications that call for different approaches, designs, and techniques. The intrinsic nature of a pocket-sized touchscreen device advises various global guidelines like the stuff, which always matters.
- Responsiveness: As we all know that responsiveness is the most critical. However, if your user does something, your application requires to acknowledging the interaction instantly. Moreover, responsiveness and speed are not completely same, and it is ok if certain operations are taking time. Ensure that you allow the user to know you are working on it.
- Polish: Do you know that polish is extremely valuable? The constant companion nature of our relationship with smartphones, paying a lot of attention to getting the small details perfect that will be noticed and appreciated.
- Targets: Have a look at your right thumb. Not the tip, but the face – a part which meets your phone screen. Consider an approximate size and shape of a bottle cap. However, excellent for numerous things, but far from precise when it comes to targeting tiny regions of my smartphone. It also looks that the magic number for thumb friendly UI elements is 44 pixels. Make yourself aware that where you place your targets relative to each other.
- Thumbs: Nowadays, everyone is always talking about finger this and finger that with the introduction of touchscreen interfaces. However, the thumb is what we all require for. Except the user is interacting with her smartphone with two hands, it is quite difficult to get a finger on the screen.
For mobile applications, there are lots of novel navigation models, but if you are looking forward to using any common navigation models, ensure that you choose the one which makes the most sense for your application.
None: Single screen utility applications.
- Tab Bar: Three to six distinct content areas.
- Drill down: List and detail content hierarchy
- Representation is by far an essential orientation; therefore, for this case first.
- You need to support landscape orientation allowing people to access the larger keyboard if your app invites typing.
- It’s quite confusing when orientation changes suddenly. You can consider adding an orientation look right in the application if you are thinking your application will be useful for long periods of time.
Typing fusses even on the best devices so you can do what you can do make it easier for your users. For example:
- There are enormous keyboard variations on well-known smartphones. You can consider every single input field and make sure to show the keyboard, which will be useful for the data entry.
- You make sure that you support landscape orientation for fat-thumbed folks if your application invites a lot of typing.
- However, auto-correct is so hilariously irritating that there is a website that is devoted to it. You can consider your every single input field and take a decision that which auto-entry options must be enabled.
- Give Feedback: For every single interaction, you can provide instant feedback. However, if you do not, the user will marvel if the application has frozen up or if they missed the target they were trying to hit. If the user has requested an action, which will take a long time, the feedback could be tactile. You can show a spinner bar allowing people to know that you have got their request and are working on it.
- Modal Alerts: Talking about the modal alerts, they are very much pushy and invasive to the user’s flow; so, you can use them when something is seriously wrong. You can also try to alleviate the intensity by keeping language reassuring and friendly.
After using your application, when a user goes back into your app, you should resume operations right where the user left off. It gives the illusion of speed and contributes to an overall feel of responsiveness.The launch screen that you show when the application is first loading, you should content less image of your application. Anything which looks interactive will develop frustration by inviting failed interactions.
- Your Icon: It is a must that your icon should compete for attention in a sea of other icons. You should think of it more as the business card as an art piece. Make sure you’re literal – show what your application does. Make use of a strong silhouette and keep text to a minimum. With polished icon, you can get advised to polished app, so it is worth devoting serious time and money to doing it right.
- First Launch: First launch is a make or break situation. They will try to ditch it as soon as possible if any user gets confused or frustrated while trying to acquaint themselves with the app. You may need to comprise a ‘tips and tricks’ overlay or perhaps a few panels of orientation screens.
Mobile computing has represented amazing opportunities for web designers and developers, who are looking forward to becoming productive on mobile. There is small learning curve; however, much of a web professional’s legacy experience, skills and tools will translate nicely.
So, designing a mobile application considering different points in mind is highly important. You should hire a professional mobile app designer from any trusted mobile application development company that has already designed mobile applications incredibly.