10 Genius Interior Design Apps
The development of technology greatly simplifies the life of a person both in everyday affairs and in professional activities. Nowadays, architects have stopped using paper, pencils and a ruler to create a plan. This process has become much easier, more fun and more productive. All this became possible thanks to special design apps and programs. Using these tools, you can create the interior design and layout of the house.
Features of programs for interior design
Thanks to multifunctional programs for interior design, the user can create a visualization of the house.
Programs have the following features:
- Creating a plan that is much faster and more convenient than by hand.
- The selection of materials, their texture, and color.
- Arrangement of furniture, appliances, fixtures, etc. At the same time, you can change their shape and size.
- Rendering – the user sees the visualization of the drawn-in 3D volume.
- Calculation of approximate expenses (estimate).
10 free programs for interior design
Now you don’t have to go to the design studio or draw everything by hand to create a perfect home. There is a list of the best programs with which you can create an interior design.
These are programs for those people who just need to see how best to arrange furniture or perform some other simple functions. They have basic capabilities, but nothing more. You can work with them in 2D mode.
Free online service. There is real furniture in its catalog. The drawing of the room is created in the form of a background on which images are dragged. The layout can be either standard or own.
You can change the texture and color of objects, their scale. There are several spatial parameters. There is a PRO account, which has a lot of features.
- real objects of good quality.
- works only online.
2. SWEET HOME 3D
Perfect for normal users. The program has a simple interface. It has all the necessary interior items. They can be easily dragged with the mouse to the room plan.
- lightweight and voluminous design creation.
- when planning, you can use only those items that are in the program;
- there are practically no variations in sizes, shapes, and accessories (you must additionally download the missing catalogs from the official site).
The program is intended for the design of furniture, as well as its further placement in a certain interior. Helps to make a list of necessary fittings and materials. The user can make details of a product and then export it to cutting programs. With its help, it is possible to receive projections with a drawing of sizes and to print out in any convenient perspective. It is possible to work with complex details.
- an easy interface that even an inexperienced user can understand;
- good 3D visualization;
- a large number of additional tools that allow you to quickly create an interior according to the necessary parameters, and then place the furniture in it;
- you can use ready-made modules and create your own;
- good picture quality, which is as close as possible to the photo. Thanks to this, you can adjust the intensity of lighting, transparency of materials and much more;
- the ability to calculate the required amount for future work.
- no set of “bindings”. In other words, markers with which you can mark the center of the subject, the intersection of the line, etc .;
- user cannot apply edges;
- there is no possibility of creating a map of additives – drawings, which have a diagram of fasteners or drilling holes in each part;
- in the free access, there is only the demo version of the program, which does not have such rich functionality as the paid one;
4. PLANNER 5D
At the very beginning, the program offers several blanks – country house, hotel, office visit. At the creation of design, the user can use both a 2D format and pass in a volume mode of display.
There are many different additions and decorations for the interior of the room – curtains, sofa, chairs and much more.
In addition to creating an interior, the user can adjust the landscape design. For example, placing all the necessary furniture in the country house, he can do the installation of the pool, as well as beds near the room. The program has fairly simple management.
- many useful tools;
- the user can work in any mode: either in 2D or in 3D;
- familiar and easy control;
- built-in types of premises;
- an opportunity to create the necessary form of the room.
- there is paid additional content;
- takes up a lot of memory;
- may work poorly and slow down on weak equipment;
- there is an advertisement;
- there may be failures when switching between 2D and 3D modes.
This online application is suitable not only for amateurs, but also for professionals. Among others, it is distinguished by the fact that it contains a large number of projects that were created by other users. A person can be inspired by their work and create their own masterpiece.
- a ready-made plan of the apartment is given, and you can also upload your own photo to work with it;
- the arrangement of furniture is carried out in a three-dimensional image, and not on a plane.
- free registration is required to save the results.
These programs are intended for architects who need to create the high-quality interior design. They are for professionals who do not have enough functionality for ordinary users.
The program is suitable for those categories of people who are used to working the old fashioned way. The user can create vector plans, images using simple lines:
- straight lines;
The layout can be saved to continue working with it in another program that supports the file format.
- versatility for all industries.
- mistakes are quite common when working with large models;
- you can’t make engineering calculations;
- it takes a lot of time to design drawings.
It is a graphic application that is used in the design of architectural and construction structures, furniture, landscape elements and much more.
The application has ready elements for designing:
There are additional plug-ins.
- natural connection of all parts of the project. The user can work not only with individual elements but also with the whole building.
the high cost of the licensed version of the program. But there is not such a multifunctional version of the utility, which will cost the user cheaper.
Only a professional designer can work with this program. The image is very realistic and with good quality. Thanks to this, the customer can see the future exact appearance of his home. For the designer, there are many tools with which he can create a quality product.
- a huge selection of tools that are necessary when modeling various architectural projects;
- there is the possibility of analyzing and adjusting the illumination of a three-dimensional project;
- the utility has a built-in photo realistic visualizer, thanks to which you can get high plausibility of the calculated image.
- it will take a lot of time to create a sketch, but the final result is definitely worth it.
This program is popular among novice designers. There is a paid version, in which the functionality is more diverse, and free.
Even in the free version, the user has all the necessary tools to create a high-quality interior design in a three-dimensional extension. He can change the layout, arrange furniture, change the size and color.
- the user can add markups and sizes to finished objects;
- by means of this program it is possible to design not only a premise but also furniture, the car, landscape design and absolutely everything that is in space in three-dimensional measurement;
- the finished project can be sent to the network.
- the free version does not have such a large selection of objects, but they can be downloaded from the Internet;
- simple shapes and lines are available to the user, however, flat figures are very easily converted into three-dimensional ones.
4. FLOORPLAN 3D
One of the best professional programs for interior design. With its help, you can create absolutely any interior of a room, and the user can virtually move around different rooms, offices. The project can be rotated to better view it. The designer can easily pick up finishing materials for walls, ceilings, floors, choose windows and doors.
- a very realistic view of the sketch;
- the program is easy to use;
- large and diverse functionality;
- if the designer does not have time to develop a plan, the libraries have ready-made layouts as well as typical interiors. So the user can take them as a basis and then perfect them, spending less time.
- the program is large, so it takes up a lot of space on your PC;
- the computer must have good RAM to work with the utility;
- it’s great for professionals, but they can’t discover anything new.
Nowadays, to create an interior design, you no longer need to prepare drawings on a paper, just learn how to use special programs. Utilities are divided into ordinary and professional, for standard actions and expensive projects. Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages, many of them are free, and some are available online.